Social Security Office Near Me
It is important to find a social security office location that is closest to you. Whether you are looking to get questions to answers about social security benefits, want to get a new social security card or a replacement card, or have any other questions related to social security, use our free service to find a social security office near you that will help you with everything that you need.
Other Topics That May Be Useful
Record last updated: Jun 27 2022 9:13AM
Get Directions To:
Enter your location in the field below and we will find the best way to get there.
Improving Search Results
To improve your search results use quotation marks when searching for a specific phrase.
For example, if you search for substance use, a search WITHOUT quotation marks would find listings that include the words “substance” OR use. A search WITH quotation marks would find listings only with the whole phrase “substance use.”
Spanish: Para traducir este sitio web, debe actualizar su navegador a la última versión de Microsoft Edge.
Vietnamese: dch trang web này, bn phi nâng cp trình duyt ca mình lên phiên bn Microsoft Edge mi nht.
Does Medicare Have Local Offices
Medicare has regional offices located in:
- Washington, D.C.
For California residents, CA-Do Not Sell My Personal Info, .
MedicareAdvantage.com is a website owned and operated by TZ Insurance Solutions LLC. TZ Insurance Solutions LLC and TruBridge, Inc. represent Medicare Advantage Organizations and Prescription Drug Plans having Medicare contracts enrollment in any plan depends upon contract renewal.
The purpose of this communication is the solicitation of insurance. Callers will be directed to a licensed insurance agent with TZ Insurance Solutions LLC, TruBridge, Inc. and/or a third-party partner who can provide more information about Medicare Advantage Plans offered by one or several Medicare-contracted carrier. TZ Insurance Solutions LLC, TruBridge, Inc., and the licensed sales agents that may call you are not connected with or endorsed by the U.S. Government or the federal Medicare program.
Plan availability varies by region and state. For a complete list of available plans, please contact 1-800-MEDICARE , 24 hours a day/7 days a week or consult www.medicare.gov.
Medicare has neither reviewed nor endorsed this information.
Also Check: Does Gender Dysphoria Qualify For Disability
How Do I Change The Name On My Social Security Card
If you need to change the name on your Social Security card, you should submit an application to the Social Security Administration, along with the proper documentation. The Form SS-5 application should be completed and returned to the Social Security Administration by mail or in-person. Name changes cannot be accomplished online at this time. Remember that you will need to include evidence of your name change along with your application. This could be a marriage certificate, divorce decree, or court order of a legal name change.
What Is The Purpose Of The Social Security Administration
- The Social Security Act and related laws established programs that have the following basic purposes:
- To provide for the material needs of individuals and families.
- To protect aged and disabled persons against the expenses of illnesses that may otherwise use up their savings.
- To keep families together and
- To give children the chance to grow up healthy and secure.
What are specific programs covered under the Social Security Act and related laws?
- Retirement Insurance
- Hospital and medical insurance for the aged, the disabled, and those with end-stage renal disease
- Prescription Drug Benefit
- Extra help with Medicare Prescription Drug Costs
- Supplemental Security Income
- Public assistance and welfare services, including:
- Temporary assistance for needy families
- Medical assistance
- Maternal and child health services
- Child support enforcement
- Family and child welfare services
- Food stamps
Did You Know?
The Social Security Administration pays benefits to over 60 million people including retirees, children, widows and widowers.
What specific programs are covered under the Social Security Act and related laws?
*** THIS WEBSITE IS NOT A GOVERNMENT WEBSITE NOR IS IT ASSOCIATED WITH ANY GOVERNMENT AGENCIES – THIS WEBSITE IS FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY ***
Recommended Reading: Can You Get Disability With A Gaf Of 50
Best Way To Contact The Ssa
The fastest and most convenient way to contact the SSA is via telephone. The SSA plans to add more than 1,000 employees in 2020, most of whom will provide extra service through their 800 number. But before calling, customers should seek answers to their questions and solutions to their issues online. If you cant find the answers, the administration is ready to help. The most important thing is to contact the agency sooner, rather than later, to ensure you get the most from your benefits.
How To Apply For Social Security Benefits
The Social Security Administration office is responsible for receiving and processing candidates applications for enrollment. There are several different ways you can apply for Social Security. For example, you can:
- Apply for benefits online. The SSA manages several different benefits programs. If the application you need is online, you may use it to request to enroll.
- Apply by phone. You can submit your Social Security application by phone.
- Apply in person. If you live near your facility, you can apply in person at one of the Social Security locations near you.
If you apply at one of the facilities, keep in mind you may need to schedule a Social Security appointment beforehand. While not always required, these appointments can help ensure you can speak with a representative quickly. If you live outside the United States and are wondering how to apply for Social Security, it is possible to complete an application. To request benefits, you should contact a U.S. consulate, embassy or SS office abroad.
This site is not affiliated with the SSA or any other government services.
Also Check: Can You Draw Social Security And Disability
How Do I Make An Appointment At A Social Security Office In New York
To make an appointment at a Social Security office in New York, you will need to call the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213 between the hours of 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM Monday through Friday. Remember that you do not need an appointment to apply for benefits or appeal a disability decision. These tasks can be completed online. You can also contact Social Security at the same number if you need to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
How Can I Check My Social Security Benefits
You can easily check your Social Security benefits online at SSA.gov through a My Social Security account. This account allows you to do many things through the Social Security Administration. First, you can get information about your existing benefits. You can also estimate future benefits using their benefit calculator tools. You also have access to your earnings history and other valuable information about your Social Security benefits.
Read Also: Can You Get Disability For Pots
Closures Or Delays Affecting In
Local Social Security offices are offering more in-person appointments and have resumed in-person service for people without an appointment. As we expand in-person service, we strongly encourage you to continue to go online, call us for help, and schedule appointments in advance.
This webpage lists the small number of offices that temporarily:
- may provide service only by appointment due to construction, inability to permit people to wait outside the office, or other reasons.
- may be closed to the public.
To learn more about the three topics below, visit .
- How to Get Help from Social Security
- Know Before You Go
- What to Know About Hearings
All offices are open at this time.
What You Should Know Before You Visit
If you visit an office, please keep these very important points in mind:
- You must complete a to see if it is safe for you to enter an office.
- Everyone must wear a mask. We will provide a mask if you do not have one.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- You may need to wait outside because space in our offices may be limited. Please plan for the weather.
- We ask that you come alone unless you require help with your visit. If you require help, we can only permit one adult to join you. Children are allowed.
- If you do not have an appointment, you should expect long lines, especially during the busiest times in our offices: Mondays, the morning after a Federal holiday, and the first week of the month.
You May Like: Can You Add Short Term Disability While Pregnant
How To Find A Social Security Office Near You
You may be wondering, How do I find a Social Security office near me? Using the internet, you can easily locate SS application centers in your community. One of the simplest ways to find a program facility is to use this sites Social Security office locator. You can search for offices based on the city and state you live in.
Depending on the facility you use, you may need to schedule a Social Security office appointment so you can apply for benefits. You can also use this website to help you find contact information for your facility. The offices phone number and address can be found on the site. This site also provides the facilitys office hours, as well as driving directions so you can review the facilitys location.
How To Get Help
- The best way for people with access to the internet to get help from Social Security is online at ssa.gov.
- If you cannot use our website, call our or your local Social Security office for help. For quicker access to a representative at our National 800 Number, try calling early in the day or later in the afternoon . We are also less busy later in the week and later in the month.
- If we are unable to help when you call our 800 number or local office, we will schedule an appointment for you by phone or in-person.
- We may need to schedule you for an appointment at a later date or call you back to provide the service you are requesting.
- The number of people a local office can help in person will depend on local health conditions and other factors.
You May Like: Is Ssi Disability Going Up In 2020
Apply For Social Security Benefits
Applying for Social Security benefits online can take as little as 15 minutes. You start by creating or signing in to your my Social Security account, then click on Apply. Youll go through a series of screens that will ask you questions about yourself, your family, and your work. If you get stuck on a question, you can skip it and go back later. If you cant complete your application for any reason, you can Return to a Saved Application later without losing the information you entered.
You may not be able to use periods, commas, and other special characters when you answer some of the questions. For example, you cant use periods in your address. The system will walk you through the process and tell you to go back if somethings missing.
Depending on what youre applying forsuch as a replacement Social Security card or Retirement Benefitsyou may need to have on hand your:
- Social Security number
- Birth certificate or proof of citizenship
- A copy of W-2 forms and/or self-employment tax return for the previous year
In many cases your local Social Security office can contact your state Bureau of Vital Statistics and verify your information online at no cost to you. If they cant verify your information online, they can still help you get information.
Social Security Office Changes Due To Covid
The Social Security Administration suspended in-person service at its local offices on March 17, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The administration still provides services over the telephone, by fax or through its website.
You can still use the local office locator tool to contact your local office during the pandemic.
Read Also: How Much Does California State Disability Pay
Replacement Social Security Card
The Social Security Agency doesnt charge anything for issuing a card or a replacement card, but it does have certain rules that restrict who can apply online. For example, if you live in Alabama, Connecticut, Minnesota, or one of several other states, you cant yet use the online service for getting a replacement Social Security card, though residents of those states should check regularly to see if that capability has been added, since more states are added to the service all the time. In Delaware and Wisconsin, you can only use the online service if you have a drivers license. And in all places, you must be a citizen at least 18 years old with a U.S. mailing address.
If you are a U.S. citizen, and have not gotten a replacement Social Security card or name change recently, you may not be eligible to use the online replacement card application in my Social Security.
Social Security Office Hours Opening & Closing Timings
Although most of the Services are available Online at times you need to go in person to Social Security Office. Take the help of Social Security Office Hours in advance instead of visiting all the way. In fact, you can know everything about where is the nearest Social Security Office, what time does Social Security Office Open. Have an insight into the SSO Holiday Schedule as well as business days Opening and Closing timings.
Don’t Miss: What’s The Difference Between Ssi And Disability
Find Local Social Security Office Near Me Using This Social Security Office Locator
This Social Security office locator allows you to search for a Social Security office location. Use the search form below to enter the address you want to find the SSA building near you. They can help you with questions or issues about your retirement benefits and other federal programs such as SSI. You can also call your local Social Security office to schedule an appointment.
Remember to show up to your Social Security office appointment at least fifteen minutes in advance, and to bring all of the necessary documentation with you to your appointment. If you have any questions about wait times or paperwork including required documentation and/or applications, call the appropriate SSA location in advance of your appointment! Asking over the phone is much easier than having to reschedule and make an additional trip.
For SSA office hours and driving directions, no phone call is necessary! Simply click on the office name from the search results for more information regarding a specific office. If there are no results near you, double-check that youve entered the address and street name correctly.
What Other Benefits Can I Receive From The Social Security Office
The SSA and its Social Security office locations are responsible for offering many different services to enrollees. One of the most popular benefits your nearest SS office can offer is retirement funds. However, the SSA also manages the following types of programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance . These benefits are available to disabled applicants. In order to qualify, you or specific members need to have paid enough into SS to receive benefits.
- Medicare. Medicare is a health care plan for older individuals, young people who are disabled and applicants with End-Stage Renal Disease . If you meet one of these requirements, you may qualify.
- Supplemental Security Income . This program can provide monetary support to you if you are low-income and either blind, disabled or elderly.
Also Check: Do You Pay Taxes On Disability Insurance Benefits
Using Online Medicare Services To Save You A Trip To The Office
Fortunately, many of the services offered by a Medicare office such as Medicare enrollment can also be performed online or over the phone, so you may not even have to leave your house to get the Medicare help you need.
The official website of the Social Security Administration includes a Medicare section where you can perform a variety of tasks related to your coverage. Once you reach the SSA.gov website, you perform any of the following actions:
- Request a new Medicare cardYou can request a new card online through the SSA website if your Medicare card has been lost or stolen. You can also use the Social Security website to update your mailing address.
- Apply for MedicareIf you are not automatically enrolled in Medicare, or if you would like to apply online for Medicare Part B, you may do so on the SSA.gov website.
- See common questions about Medicare applicationHave questions about the application process? You may be able to find your answer on the Social Security Administration website.
- Manage benefitsCurrent Medicare beneficiaries can use SSA.gov to manage their Medicare benefits or apply for Medicare Extra Help.
- Learn more about MedicareSSA.gov is a great resource to learn more about the Medicare program by reviewing a number of free publications.
All Social Security Office Locations:
We have the most up-to-date information on all Social Security office locations in the U.S. Our comprehensive database includes information such as address, phone number, operating hours and more. We don’t just show you Social Security office locations in your city – we make it easy for you to find the closest social security office location to you, even if there aren’t any locations in your city or county.
Social Security Office Near Me is an independent organization not affiliated with the U.S. Social Security Administration. We make our best effort to make all SSA office information as accurate as possible and verify our data for accuracy with the Social Security Administration periodically.
Read Also: Can You File For Disability After Age 65
My Social Security Card Was Lost/stolen What Do I Do
If your Social Security card has been lost or stolen, you can request a replacement card online through your My Social Security account. Requesting your card online will usually allow you to receive your new card within 10 to 14 days. In addition to requesting a new card, you should also keep a close eye on your credit report. Identity thieves may attempt to use your information to establish credit or new accounts in your name. Sign up for a credit monitoring service and put a fraud alert on your Social Security number with the major credit bureaus. If someone has already tried to use your information, then you might even consider placing a credit freeze on your SSN.